Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Jock Lock: NFL Pre-Game - Top Matches And Predictions For Week 3

Looks like there's going to be a few games to keep your eyes on for week 3 in the NFL. I'm hoping this weekend will be just as heart-racing just as last weekend was. Let's take a look at the standouts; first up is:

Chiefs vs. Eagles - Thursday night football is actually looking to be a marquee match-up. Andy Reid comes back to Philadelphia with the Chiefs as Michael Vick comes off his, arguably, best game as an Eagle. I normally don't care for Thursday night football, but I might have to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for this one. The Chiefs stingy defense hasn't really been tested so far this season, although Tony Romo was able to go 30/42 and 298 yards in the air, but did hold him to one touchdown. Vick went 23/36 with 428 yards and 2 touchdowns, respectively, so keeping that in mind, this game should be a real treat. PREDICTION: Eagles Win, 17-27.

Michael Vick AP Photo/Matt Rourke
Chargers vs. Titans - Titans Owner Bud Adams has spent a lot of money trying to build a championship team. The only issue is, in my eyes, Jake Locker. Locker hasn't broken the 200-yard throwing mark so far, this season and only has 2 touchdowns, as well. The Chargers' Philip Rivers, on the other hand, is a pretty solid Quarterback; he's already thrown for 7 touchdowns in two games, so I'd say that's pretty solid, as of now. The way I see it, Rivers has more weapons available to him. The Titans have some weapons of their own, it's just a little more of an issue to get the ball to those weapons. PREDICTION: Chargers Win, 30-27.

Philip Rivers AP Photo/Denis Poroy
Lions vs. Redskins - If Reggie Bush is healthy enough to start the game, the Redskins are in trouble. In their first two games, they've allowed over 130 yards on the ground. As far as the Lions air attack, Mathew Stafford is no Aaron Rogers, but with Megatron to throw to, it has the potential to be pretty dangerous, especially with Bush coming out of the backfield. RGIII is no slouch by any means, and he was pretty efficient against the Packers, but questions are surrounding him as far as the health of his knee goes. I, personally enjoy the fact that he wants to establish himself as a passer, first, asking to be compared to the likes of Aaron Rogers more than Michael Vick; this game should be thoroughly enjoyable. PREDICTION: Lions Win, 24-21.

Matthew Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Texans vs. Ravens - The Ravens defense is still as formidable as any top D in the league, but the one question is: will any of their DB's be able to cover Andre Johnson? I'm not knocking on Lardarius Webb by any means, I just don't see him being able to contain Johnson; and if Matt Schaub is able to go deep with ease, Arian Foster, if healthy, might just have another big game, or vice verse. On the other side of the coin, Joe Flacco is an All-Pro Quarterback and does have his own threats in Torrey Smith and Ray Rice. For this game, I'm really on the fence for how this game's going to turn out. As far we know, this game could be a shoot-out by the time the final minute ticks down. I'm just going to throw darts at a dartboard and see who the winner is -- RESULTS: Texans Win, 27-24.

Matt Schaub AP Photo/Denis Poroy
Falcons vs. Dolphins - Am I crazy for thinking Ryan Tannehill can pull off a win against the Falcons? I mean, honestly, am I really thinking Tannehill will be the better Quarterback over Matt Ryan? Now, I've been a fan of Ryan's for a long time; I think he's an outstanding QB, but I just think Tannehill has so much confidence going into this game that he might just turn some heads with, what might be, an amazing game. I'm throwing it out there, love it or hate it, and it very well might happen-- or not. I could absolutely be completely wrong, and in that instance, I'll admit I was wrong, but I'm going to back Tannehill, as I don't see the ground game being very productive for either team. PREDICTION: Dolphins Win, 17-24.

Ryan Tannehill Photo by Matt Sullivan/Getty Images
What do you think? Am I off my rocker? Should I not quite my day job? Let me know if you agree with any of my picks, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment