Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Jock Lock: NFL Week 2 - Post Game

Heck of a week 2, huh? I don't think I've ever seen that many close games as I did this past Sunday. Now, I can't go through every single game, I wish I could but I can't, so I'll go through a basic rundown of the best. Although, it's going to be tough picking out which ones should be covered.

Titans vs. Texans - This was THE best game played this Sunday, by far. It was so back-and-fourth that it was like watching a tennis match. It wasn't an offensive highlight reel, but there was enough drama to make Day of Our Lives look like a day-time soap opera. Just the field goal sequence at the end of the game was enough to make any Titans-Texans fan pull their hair out. YEE-HAW! Texans Win, 24-30 in OT.

DeAndre Hopkins and Matt Schaub Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images
Chargers vs. Eagles - I think this is the game that should solidify Michael Vick as a legitimate Quarterback in the league. Dog fighting issue aside, the Eagles QB has been on his best behavior since he was jailed. Philip Rivers had a great game as he out-dueled Vick, but not by much. This was another game that was decided by the golden foot of a kicker. San Di-E-Go SuperChargers! Chargers Win, 33-30.

Nick Novak Photo by Rich Schultz/Getty Images
Panthers vs. Bills - Even the Bills official Twitter account couldn't keep up with what was going on in this one. The Bills were the dominant team in this one, clearly. EJ Manuel's turnovers, however, kept the big kitty cats in the game. Mario Williams had 4.5 sacks to keep the mobile Cam Newton confined to within the pocket most of the game. The only touchdown thrown by Manuel to Stevie Johnson ended up being the game winner. Overtime, here we go! -- Not so much. Bills Win (in regulation, Twitter), 23-24.

EJ Manuel Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images
Dolphins vs. Colts - What would you have said, at the beginning of the season that the Dolphins would beat the Colts? What would you say if I told you the Dolphins beat the Colts? Would you think you're dreaming? When will my questions stop? I don't know about my last question, but I would have never thought Andrew Luck would have been out-played by Ryan Tannehill. Okay, so he wasn't out-played so much as he was, kind of stuck in quicksand against the Dolphins D-line. Looks like Flipper got the last laugh on Sunday. Dolphins Win, 24-20.

Ryan Tannehill AP Photo/AJ Mast
Vikings vs. Bears - Anyone order a Polish sausage with a side order of nail biter? Well, if you were watching this game, that's what you got! Jay Cutler had a good game, aside from a few pout-y moments, here and there. Chris Ponder was, well, Chris Ponder. I still don't see it, though; him being a high-caliber QB in the NFL. I'm a Packers fan, but it's not like I hate the Vikings-- while writing this, I'm staying as neutral as possible, but I don't think he's very good. Anyway, blah-blah-blah, Bears win, yatta-yatta-yatta, their fans are happy. Da-a-a-a Berss Win, 30-31.
Jay Cutler and Alshon Jeffery Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
Who are you looking forward to see playing next weekend? Hopefully not the Jaguars.

No comments:

Post a Comment